Pages

Sunday 17 April 2016

Beginners Makeup Kit Essentials


Creating a make-up kit can be very daunting when you are starting out with make-up. I have created a very basic guide that can hopefully help you pick what you really need to start your make-up collection. When I was younger I hadn’t a clue about make-up but really it is all about trial and error. Staying true to my roots I have only included drugstore beauty items so you won’t be spending loads of unnecessary money.

First things first you need some good make-up brushes. Good quality make-up brushes are an essential for any makeup kit. My favourite from the drugstore have to be real techniques. These brushes are sold both separately and in packs. I would recommend buying the core collection to start off with. This set retails for around £20, but is well worth the price for the quality. The core collection which has orange packaging includes a detailer brush, pointed foundation brush, buffing brush and contour brush.

Next I would recommend buying a foundation and concealer that matches your skin perfectly. When starting out with make-up concealer in particular will be your new best friend, its great for concealing imperfections and dark under eye circles. My favourite for foundation has to be the l'oreal true match as it comes in a variety of shades and you'll easily find your shade. What is also great is it works with a variety of skin tones and textures, and has fantastic coverage. For concealer definitely try out the Collection lasting perfection concealer.

To set ensure your foundation and concealer will last all day you will need to use a powder. As you may know already if you have been following my blog for a while I swear by Ben Nye's colourless setting powder, however before I discovered this powder I used to use the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. This is a fantastic little product from the drugstore. It's great if you are super oily or super dry skin as it works well with both skin types.



Next is my favourite beauty item of all due to how much it can transform your overall make-up look- mascara! From the drugstore Maybelline really step up there game and take the show for me. Although I would recommend any of their mascara's, if I had to choose just one it would have to be the Lash Sensational. Be careful when you are applying if you are new to make-up, mascara can become very messy quickly. For a more natural look opt for brown mascara, and to really make those eyes pop go for black.
Blush is something I feel brings life back into the face! Choose a colour you enjoy and apply it with your new brush! I would recommend trying out the new Blush by 3 blush palette by Sleek make-up. For only £9.99 you get three beautiful blush colours that are highly pigmented and blend nicely into the skin. I particularly like pumpkin and sugar. Swirl your brush into the powder and tap off the excess. Gently sweep the colour onto your cheeks, starting from the apples brushing back into the hair line.      

Finally, to finish off your look you'll need some lippy. I feel like adding some colour to your lips just pulls the entire look together. I would try the Maybelline Baby lips lip balm in cherry. Not only does it smell great and hydrate your lips, it looks great and suits a tone of skin tones. This product is highly under rated for being only £2.99.

And that concludes my make-up essentials for beginners! Remember, make-up is meant to be fun, so experiment as much as you want to find what suits for you. Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment